Tuesday, January 12, 2010

BB Day @ School!!!!!

Today was BB (Boy Brigade) day in school. I would most likely cheer if not for the fact that I had to keep the uniform on for the whole day... besides having to stay back yesterday to rehearse our drills and reach school by 6.30am this morning. :((((( Luckily, I did not forget anything from the previous day's rehearsal.

The otherwise error-free drill stuff that we did was marred by only three things: Technical malfunctions with the microphone, someone stomping at the end of the silent drill, and the people standing at the front of the drill squad. The last error could have been avoided if the people at the front had been replaced by those who had attended the rehearsal yesterday and walked off stage row by row. Instead, we had to spend the entire duration of the video presentation blocking from view at the backstage.
To cap it off, my boots were in a horrendous condition due to the last minute polishing work I have done. Instead of the usual mirror-like surface, my boots looked as though someone had smudged shoe polish liberally over it. Plus, the spread of the shoe polish was not even, with melted shoe polish dried to the bottom edge of the shoe. It is fortunate that I wasn’t placed in the front… If not it will be disgraceful.As if to add insult to injury, I forgot to bring my school shoes this morning to change into after the parade, so I was stuck in my boots the whole day... Sigh... Oh well, no use regretting that now... Well, seeing that my boots are already ruined, I would probably just live with it for today and try to cover the damage by polishing the boots (again).
Speaking of school, we had Chinese, Mathematics, History, Science Practical and English lessons today, with all Company members in full uniform. Every lesson except Science Practical turned out good, although the uniform cause us to sweat quite easily as it retained heat pretty well. For science practical, we got a group homework assignment of testing for the pH value of various items. I got "balloted" to test for the pH values of the following items:
1) Body soap
2) Bleach
3) Detergent
4) Urine (Of all things possible on the list!?!)
I am fine with all the items except number four. I wonder how I was so “lucky” to get to test urine… Hmm…Never mind, I just have to get it over and done with... Whoops, I forgot. I still need to find two of the items! Got to go! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment