Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A positive change in attitude - hope it will last!

Today was promising to be like your usual mundane school day, which is about as interesting as watching paint dry or toenails grow. At least, it would be like that for those wish to be somewhere beyond the school fence. However, for those truly interested, time would fly by, with the bell ringing like an alarm clock that jolts you out of your reverie, and you realize, with surprise, the lesson has ended.

Today was one of those occasions for me, which is an extremely rare occurrence. Usually, my mind would be drifting and when the bell rang, it would signify a salvation of sorts. However, for today’s lessons, time just flew right by, and soon the end of the day was staring at me in the face. For me, it was a pleasant surprise, seeing that I was more accustomed to the day crawling by, only to speed up during recess and after school. Add that to the fact that I was suddenly proactive in school, as compared to the ‘slacking’ and inactive figure usually cut by me. Can I say that this is part of growing up, part of the maturity process?

However, I learned that just because the schedule for the day seems boring, I could always count on unexpected surprises being sprung. For example, instead of discussing the base plan of our project during OPW, we got to start doing a minor spring-cleaning to precede the putting up of class decorations. Then again, it was probably foreseeable that we haven’t even started the course for Google sketch-up.

I have this strange feeling of change in the air for me and even my grandma and my extremely strict dad is telling me that they see a change in me. It may be slow but I think this is pretty positive.

Hmm, it’s pretty late, and I still need to revise my work and pack my bag. I guess it’s time for me to sign off. See ya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment